Adobe Flash Player is free, and can be dowloaded here.
Welcome to the Athens County Child Advocacy Center
KIDS GOT TALENT REGISTRATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL FRIDAY, APRIL 17th!!!!
The Athens County Child Advocacy Center (CAC) provides services for child sexual abuse survivors and their families in a child-friendly environment. The CAC serves as a centralized location for interviewing and examining children who are survivors of sexual abuse. The children are interviewed by specially-trained forensic interviewers, and cases are managed by a multi-disciplinary team comprised of Athens County Children Services, Athens County prosecutors, law enforcement officers, mental health counselors, victim advocates, and medical professionals.
Goals of the CAC
- Reduce trauma and expedite recovery for children impacted by sexual assault
- Increase child safety by conducting forensic interviews and medical exams in one location
- Increase success of prosecution of those who sexually abuse children
- Support the victim and non-offending family members by offering comprehensive services, such as long-term case management services
- Increase the effectiveness of services to child abuse survivors
- Prevent further child abuse through community education
- Athens County Children Services
- Athens Police Department
- OhioHealth O'Bleness Hospital
- Athens County Prosecutor's Office
- Athens County Sheriff
- Athens County Victim Assistance Program
- Hopewell Health Centers
- Athens CASA/GAL Program
- Athens Medical Associates
Upcoming EventsApril 26, 2015
1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Athens Kids Got Talent Contest
NewsKIDS GOT TALENT REGISTRATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL APRIL 17th!!!
April 13, 2015 Job Posting: Community Education Advocate
March 25, 2015 Athens Co Child Advocacy Center Speaks Out for Victims
February 16, 2015